Pastor of Student Ministries
The Pastor of Student Ministries will provide leadership to the student ministries of Steinbach Mennonite Brethren Church.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Agreement with the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith
- Demonstrates a heart for youth ministry
- Demonstrates a consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle as described in the Bible.
- Demonstrates competency in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates competency in Bible teaching and speaking to youth
- Has the potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry at SMBC
- Adequate skill and education for the position.
To oversee and coordinate the ministries of the Middle School and High School ministries at SMBC and community, including but not limited to the following duties:
- Direct leadership of the Middle school and High School youth ministries – grades 5-12
- Supervise and direct the weekly programs for each area of ministry
- Recruit and train adult youth leaders
- Design and implement small groups for youth
- Provide opportunity for service, socials, outreach and other weekday/weekend ministries
- Be available to counsel students and provide needed pastoral care
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of the youth programs
- Develop a working relationship with parents
- Administer the Middle School and High School budgets
- Be a member of Leadership Team
- Collaborate with Sunday School
- Participate in the Steinbach Association of Youth Leaders (SAYL)
- The Pastor of Student Ministries will be accountable to the Lead Pastor and to the Leadership Team
- The Pastor of Student Ministries will work closely with other pastoral staff.
- The Pastor of Student Ministries reports administratively to the Personnel Committee.
- Salary and Benefits will be provided according to the Mennonite Brethren Conference grid.
Applications, including references, should be forwarded to Reimer.email@example.com.
Posted March 17, 2018.